Poll: Should pen newbies be called pewbies?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
31.46%
56 31.46%
No
30.34%
54 30.34%
Feed billy to a dragon.
38.20%
68 38.20%
Total 178 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Say "Hi" in this Thread
Welcome John. We always love new folks, they are yummy and tender... no wait, I mean, we always love new folks with fantastic attitudes, which I think you have! Looking forward to reading your stuff.

bena
Hi, Im Meagan. big hug
Hi Meagan, welcome to the site!
The secret of poetry is cruelty.--Jon Anderson
Hi, Im Chris.
welcome to the site guys
Hey, everyone! My name is Gigi and I'm from New Jersey. I'm a harpist (music therapy hospital work, weddings, gigs), I run a traveling jewelry business with my family, and I raise chickens! I've written poetry since middle school, but within the last year I've become much more passionate in my writing. I'm happy to have found a place to share my work and read/respond to other poetry!
Hi Gigi - welcome to the site.
(06-21-2014, 10:44 AM)gigi Wrote:  Hey, everyone! My name is Gigi and I'm from New Jersey. I'm a harpist (music therapy hospital work, weddings, gigs), I run a traveling jewelry business with my family, and I raise chickens! I've written poetry since middle school, but within the last year I've become much more passionate in my writing. I'm happy to have found a place to share my work and read/respond to other poetry!

Hi, Gigi, sounds like a fun life, hope you're enjoying it. Smile

Just five critiques in the workshops to become a full member. Welcome. Smile
billy wrote:welcome to the site. make it your own, wear it like a well loved slipper and wear it out. ella pleads:please click forum titles for posting guidelines, important threads. New poet? Try Poetic DevicesandWard's Tips

Hi hi, new here.. Just recently got into writing poetry within the last few months. Man, I regret not taking advantage of my grade school lessons! But none the less, this is a blast.
(12-11-2009, 06:34 AM)billy Wrote:  Hi everyone. this is the place for everyone to say Hi to everyone else.

Hi
[/quote]
Battle stations! Newbie on deck. I was meandering and moseying my way through the cyber jungle of writing forums when I happened upon the link to this site. I mostly write short stories. Satirical stories, political and otherwise are what I spend most of my time on.
Sometimes with acceptable results and sometimes with nothing to show for my efforts but mangled word gristle.

I suffer for my art. And at times you will too. So let me apologize in advance.

[quote] "I yam what I yam and that ain't no sweet potato! Ugk, ugk, ugk, ugk, ugk." Popeye
Heeey, mangled word gristle is my territory.

Welcome, both of you. Smile

Just five critiques in the workshops makes you a full member. And don't forget to join the Pig's Arse and the Sewer.

Hope you have fun here.
billy wrote:welcome to the site. make it your own, wear it like a well loved slipper and wear it out. ella pleads:please click forum titles for posting guidelines, important threads. New poet? Try Poetic DevicesandWard's Tips

(06-28-2014, 02:03 AM)mike Wrote:  I came here primarily for feedback on some of my work. I have have no idea what anyone thinks about it because I can't find active forums where people take the time to give feedback.

I have no problem givin' feedback before I receive it. I don't consider myself a critic, but I'll do what I can.

Welcome, Mike, sounds like you've found the right place. Smile

You don't have to be a critic, just a thoughtful reader whose aim is to help improve the poem. Here are some tips if you need them.

hi mike and others. all we ask is that you try and do your best when it comes to feedback, the more we do of it the easier it gets. :J:
Okay... I'm Kevin and I'm 18. I've been a member here for over a year, but haven't been very active-- once a month at the most... This year I have fell in love with the art of writing, and because of my change in heart, I will be much more active on this forum. It's only right for a proper introduction, now that the time is right. My old poems are useless-- I never gave it much effort until recently. I added a biography, signature, and avatar; those seem to be the first steps to getting involved. I hope to make some friends and learn as much as I can! I love reading other peoples' work and will give feedback to the best of my ability. I'm hypersensitive-- and my old poems got crucified on this site-- but I'll still post a few poems of my own, because without criticism, how can one's poetry be improved or ameliorated? Furthermore, I've worked hard to improve my writing, grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary.

Thanks

-Kevin
I prefer to be as forgettable as possible. 
Welcome back, Kevin. The first step is giving feedback and you're doing a fine job of it. Glad to have you in active mode. Smile

hey there Kevin,
love your sig. I don't remember what letters I am because it seemed so silly to me as a nurse to diagnose people over the internet by the answers to just a few questions. So you are. That is all that matters. Looking forward to reading your work.

@Ella...I can't believe you're telling the newbs about the sewer and Pig's Arse. That's where we talk about them! (snickers)

bena/mel.
(07-02-2014, 11:00 PM)bena Wrote:  hey there Kevin,
love your sig. I don't remember what letters I am because it seemed so silly to me as a nurse to diagnose people over the internet by the answers to just a few questions. So you are. That is all that matters. Looking forward to reading your work.

@Ella...I can't believe you're telling the newbs about the sewer and Pig's Arse. That's where we talk about them! (snickers)

bena/mel.

Yeah, ain't all about critique, is it? Here little piggies. *angel smilie*

Hi! I am sharing my words with you from the beautiful Pacific Northwest Washington.
My poet-name was born from my Italian grandmother and the last name of my late stepfather. I admire these individuals beyond words.
It is nice to find a place to share my work where I will actually get feedback. And seriously, don't hold back.

Nice to meet 'cha!
Celestina Waters
We never hold back....in fact in a bit you might be screaming for mercy...
erm...praising us for such wonderful critique, yeah, that's what it is....

Welcome inside the pigpen. Please don't comment on the smell...

cheers,
bena
Welcome Celestina and MachIII.