Boo to them and boo to you,
Boo to him, and another boo,
A boo to I don't know who!

Boo to the false and boo to the true
Boo to the masses, and boo to the few;
Boo to the old, and boo to the new!
Boo to the Sitka Spruce, and boo to the church-yard yew
Boo to the dog that barks, and boo to the cats that mew
Boo to the women who dream, and boo to the men who 'do'.

A boo for the hawks that squawk, and a boo for the doves that coo
A bigger boo for basil, and much bigger boo for rue
We'll boo every kind of food, and boo even more at poo.
We'll boo the world, and boo to Irish stew!
And then there'll be time, to woo and woo and woo!

i think it's about time you progress to at least the mild forum Abu
a great bit of nonsense the only thing for is ;
on line 4 in the 4th verse, is 'to' needed. though thinking about it, it doesn't really
matter i suppose.

i wasn't too keen on the last line, it feels too contrived.
the end rhymes were quite inventive and work really well
thanks for lending me a smile.

and the read

Thanks, Billy, it is an old thing -- I thought it better to put something up, than nothing. Just a piece of silliness, and you are quite correct about the last line: I thought so when I wrote it!

PS This IS the mild forum!
hehe you fooled me didnt you Sad scandalous.

sorry Abu i was rushing (i hope he believes me Big Grin )

that it's a nonsense poem doesn't make it a lesser poem. when done well they're good poems
this is one is done well. (jmo)
A great piece of nonsense rhyme Smile. At the beginning the narration just seems funny and petty and snooty, but as you took it further and further to absurd lengths it turned the piece on its head and gave it a body, a depth. Didn't think "woo" was a necessary cap, but overall a likeable piece
PS. If you can, try your hand at giving some of the others a bit of feedback. If you already have, thanks, can you do some more?
I'm coming from an odd perspective, but it reminds me of ICP's 'Fxxx the World' if you're not familiar with it then just forget what I said . . . Haha definitely made me laugh and kept me interested. I don't wanna belabor the point, but I agree about the last line. This poem needs a punch-line, imo. Nice work.
An excellent poem, full of wonderful petite images wrapped up snugly in a flowing rhythm, and one of the best closing lines I've read for a very long time. It makes what precedes it almost profound. Thank you for the read, Abu.
"We believe that we invent symbols. The truth is that they invent us; we are their creatures, shaped by their hard, defining edges." - Gene Wolfe
(09-07-2011, 01:16 AM)AvariciousApathist Wrote:  I'm coming from an odd perspective, but it reminds me of ICP's 'Fxxx the World' if you're not familiar with it then just forget what I said . . .

No, I don't -- I may be very sleepy or ignorant, or both, but I don't know who ICP is either. Sounds a bit like the nasty ICF (InterCity Firm). Why, would I be shocked, being a fragile old grand-father?

Maybe a more advanced version of this?:

http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~tf/poem24.html

Anyway, glad it amused you.
(09-07-2011, 07:26 AM)Heslopian Wrote:  An excellent poem, full of wonderful petite images wrapped up snugly in a flowing rhythm, and one of the best closing lines I've read for a very long time. It makes what precedes it almost profound. Thank you for the read, Abu.

Thank you -- but steady on! I have been told that it works well for kids, presumably because 'poo' is included!

I'm a sucker for rhythm and repetition, I must admitBig Grin
"We believe that we invent symbols. The truth is that they invent us; we are their creatures, shaped by their hard, defining edges." - Gene Wolfe
ICP=Insane Clown Posse Smile