(Yesterday, 03:21 PM)busker Wrote:Hi Busker,(Yesterday, 12:53 PM)brynmawr1 Wrote: On My DeskI take this to be a picture of a hand, and not a stand in for someone typing angry emails at his keyboard, as the backbeat of silence wouldn’t make sense there
There is a single hand
rendered in greys shadowed
to cool aubergine; fingers
lithe, but not without aquiline
intention poised above the keys.
Is it Rachmaninoff or a Bach
fugue in minor C
with hopes of a happy third,
or simply a pause amidst
the drizzle of the snare,
rainy day jazz,
angry with the saxophone
leaving me longing
for the D minor on the down beat?
Each day the hand plays
against a backbeat of silence.
Which then begs the question of which painting, which hand. Is there a cultural reference I’m missing?
Picture of a hand it is. There isn't really a picture though. Just an image that popped into my head and then I tried to come up with a story around it which turned more towards questions about what might be going on regarding an image that should be moving but is still. The idea kind of intrigued me and kept my brain busy while I cut the grass yesterday. I think the title isn't really doing much to help. On reading it again, it sort of suggests there is a hand lying on my desk!
Anyway, thanks for stopping by.
Bryn
(Yesterday, 02:37 PM)Harryd Wrote: Hearing the same song my friend. Well written.Thanks Harry. Glad you liked it and welcome to the Pen.

