53 minutes ago
(Yesterday, 07:31 AM)PoMo Wrote: A Sleight of Hand:It feels like the poem wants to be read impressionistic so I receive it as a word-painting. I love the sound and tactical surfaces of the first two lines, those thudding "ug" "unk" "ther" syllables are so chewy. An unctuous image. Sets a particular mood, too. We are not having fun, maybe!
rugs wither
the sky has sunk —
segue backwards, frozen sun
the whisper glitters,
mesmerizing lustre —
pristine, yet opaque
Please provide feedback and an overall rating. I appreciate it.
The rest isn't rousing much energy for me. L3 is near incomprehensible. L4 who or what is whispering, and how does it glitter? I feel more confused than transported or productively provoked.
Last two lines feel like an overly precious attempt at summary.
I dislike number ratings but a request is a request, so:
As a whole, 4/10.
Keep only the first two lines as a miniature, 7/10.

