A Sleight of Hand
#2
(Yesterday, 07:31 AM)PoMo Wrote:  A Sleight of Hand:

rugs wither
the sky has sunk —
segue backwards, frozen sun
the whisper glitters,
mesmerizing lustre —
pristine, yet opaque

Please provide feedback and an overall rating. I appreciate it.
A sleight of hand: rugs wither, the sky has sunk - segue backwards, frozen sun, the whisper glitters, mesmerizing lustre - pristine, yet opaque

I'm really trying hard to imagine what I'm seeing, sleight of hand like nimble skill, stealing a moment, painting an picture, writing the poem...  Rugs wither like rustling, aging, with a sunken sky, like night falling or, sinking sadly. But then to segue backwards might indicate how we got to this point? Like a movie that starts at the end, cold stiff sun before a sinking sky, if the sky is sinking maybe the sun would seem rising, but this is frozen, while whispers glitter. Glimmer, whispers between two people, whispers of the universe to the observer, mesmerizing lustre... Lustre of the scene, the sun...  Rugs are usually indoors, maybe that's why it's withered, an inside setting outside, pristine like shining glitter, yet opaque like a canvas, or a stubborn listener, 

I have no idea what I'm looking at, I almost want this poem to be a setting to a poem, too much mystery not enough concrete imagery, ideas without substance, only because of how short the poem is.  I want to think your being crafty with your sleight of hand, 

I can't give a rating because for all I know this is perfectly how you want it.  Hope this helps
Peanut butter honey banana sandwiches
Reply


Messages In This Thread
A Sleight of Hand - by PoMo - Yesterday, 07:31 AM
RE: A Sleight of Hand - by CRNDLSM - Yesterday, 08:42 AM
RE: A Sleight of Hand - by PoMo - Yesterday, 09:09 AM
RE: A Sleight of Hand - by CRNDLSM - 10 hours ago



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!