By Bluegrass
#6
Plenty to like here, some notes:

(09-26-2026, 01:16 AM)Deor Ana Log Wrote:  Nestled in freckles,
my pocket eyes are green I still can't parse "pocket eyes", seems opaquely poetic.
Mom told me, some colors
Are made for reading
not changing 
words
but I can’t help it, Strong lines.
but slip over pebbles
 like how that river
makes an ocean
by the tune of bluegrass
Love the image, feeling of these lines. I find the double "but" awkward but that might suit the N. "by" the tune is just awkward for me.

I was 5 years old once
I took a knife and was
an etch in a cedar sapling
Now I drag my pinky
In those ridges until
My hands realize
the nickname only
dad remembers
All strong.

In green I spent
A lifetime
Or 5 minutes
Truth is a heartbeat
because turning 6 feels like 
the end
and an escape
that will never
ask you when
Works for me.
A good one, thanks for the read.
___________________
How To Post An Edit

Reply


Messages In This Thread
By Bluegrass - by Deor Ana Log - 09-26-2026, 01:16 AM
RE: By Bluegrass - by CRNDLSM - 09-26-2026, 02:23 AM
RE: By Bluegrass - by Deor Ana Log - 09-26-2026, 03:11 AM
RE: By Bluegrass - by CRNDLSM - 09-26-2026, 07:43 AM
RE: By Bluegrass - by busker - 09-26-2026, 02:36 PM
RE: By Bluegrass - by wasellajam - 09-30-2026, 10:59 PM



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!