druids get charity status
Quote:The Druid Network, which has about 350 members, sought charitable status for "the advancement of religion for public benefit and no other purpose," the commission said in its ruling. source:

i seriously thought thousand of people were following druidism.
isn't there a religion for jedi as well.
Well, they did say it was just the members of the Druid Network (which from what I understood is just an organization in England, and even then not all self-proclaimed druids are necessarily members). As the article said, there are many more practicioners in other countries. I think its fair that they be able to organize themselves as a church without prejudice under the law. Hell, I can't believe scientology was legal before this Tongue

PS. If you can, try your hand at giving some of the others a bit of feedback. If you already have, thanks, can you do some more?
Yet the church of Scientology doesn't have the same status as the druids now. They are an official church.

It's all a bit too bureaucratic to me Confused.
eh: i would take that as a joke,some religion

(10-03-2010, 10:29 PM)SidewaysDan Wrote:  Yet the church of Scientology doesn't have the same status as the druids now. They are an official church.

It's all a bit too bureaucratic to me Confused.
at least the druids have been practising what they believed in for centuries maybe millenia. (is that a 1000 years ?)
they have what one could call reasonable gods or deities. are the wickens an offshoot of the druids?

scientology is just a money making scheme that was concieved as a bet, and a plot for a book.
(10-03-2010, 11:31 PM)DUBLIN5 Wrote:  eh: i would take that as a joke,some religion
don't forget the irish celts were druidic in their beliefs dubs.
in a way weren't they a bit like the native american indians who belived in the earth and sky and water etc.