Thank you, you wonderful members of the Pen
Leanne wrote:
Quote:I apologise if this reply seems harsh to you, but I assure you, I would not waste time on a writer I didn't feel had great potential.There are a lot of bad habits kicking around the poetry world these days and it would be lovely to see the good people rise above them.

The full critique that came before this can be found here, but it got me thinking about how this applies to us all, from both sides of the fence.

We would not take the time to read, organize our thoughts and reply to the poems posted here if we didn't feel that the OP had the potential to absorb and possibly gain something from our comments, and I have found that the writers that come and stay a while do seem to be able to rise at least a bit from where we were yesterday, and some soar. It's a slow process but worth the time spent, again from both sides.

So thank you all for making the pen what it is: a yeasty, sometimes stinky, place to stir the brew.  big hug
billy wrote:welcome to the site. make it your own, wear it like a well loved slipper and wear it out. ella pleads:please click forum titles for posting guidelines, important threads. New poet? Try Poetic DevicesandWard's Tips

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thank you, you wonderful members of the Pen - by just mercedes - 06-11-2016, 05:17 AM
RE: Thank you, you wonderful members of the Pen - by ellajam - 08-04-2016, 10:32 AM