U.S. warms to strike on Iran
(05-07-2010, 07:11 AM)velvetfog Wrote:  Space travel will never reduce the Earth's population.
We will breed more humans much faster than we can ever ship them out.

Anyhow, we are now diverting this thread pretty far away from the topic of discussing a possible U.S. strike against Iran.
true.

i think they usa are hoping or even discussing plans with israel for an israeli preemptive strike against iran.
the question asked about the usa and obama in particular
was answered in the body of the document itself where it said;

israel would not tolerate a nuclear iran.
obama has no need to declare war on iran. he know israel will probably do it unilaterally.
i think it looks like the usa i setting up an option
for israel to say "we had to strike, no one else would help us"
if i were a betting man i'd say israel will attack within the next 6 months

i have a feeling the usa will get accolades for getting israel to pull out of iran, after it's been decimated of course lol.
if they use nukes it will cause a huge outcry and rightly so
  • the partially blind semi bald eagle
Bastard Elect
I think an Israeli attack on Iran this year would primarily be an infantry/cavalry strike rather than a nuclear strike.
Britain and Iraq do not share a border. An efficient attack does not always involve bombs. Bombs could lead to more bombs, which Israel does not really need.
(05-10-2010, 03:10 AM)SidewaysDan Wrote:  I think an Israeli attack on Iran this year would primarily be an infantry/cavalry strike rather than a nuclear strike.
if they sort out their tank technology
i'd have to agree with you dan. if not then they may use some
small nuke devices though i can't really see them doing so.
their airforce is pretty adequate so i'm assuming they'll do a couple of weeks of pounding via the air then maybe send in the tanks.
nobody will send in groundtroops,the whole region will go up in flames for many years to come
  • the partially blind semi bald eagle
Bastard Elect
(05-10-2010, 01:35 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  Only the Americans can drive armoured forces into Iran.
They have tanks both in Afghanistan and Iraq.
silly me. you're right of course. and can't see that happening.

if it does happen it will be air strikes then.