Poll: Should pen newbies be called pewbies?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
31.46%
56 31.46%
No
30.34%
54 30.34%
Feed billy to a dragon.
38.20%
68 38.20%
Total 178 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Say "Hi" in this Thread
welcome to the site Sqai.
Welcome Sqai! By the way, is your name pronounced as 'sky'?
Back!
post poems inthe poetry section please

welcome to the site Big Grin
(11-13-2012, 06:59 AM)theres-a-war-in-my-mind Wrote:  i don't understand how this site works.how do i post my "poems"? fanx.
seems you got the hang of it, don't forget to leave feedback elsewhere Wink
Hi, it's been a while for me since I have been active in a poetry forum. Probably because my creativity has been dormant for a while. Hoping to bring it out of hibernation. Looking forward to reading and writing poetry.

Heather
Hi Heather, welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy it here.
The secret of poetry is cruelty.--Jon Anderson
Hi heather,

good to have you on the site, looking forward to reading your poetry. Smile
Hey guys,

I've recently been getting into creative writing and poetry as a sort of catharsis. Unfortunately, I am a full-time student with two jobs so it's hard for me to find time, but I've always wanted to see what others have thought of my poetry. I know the rule is that you ask for criticism, you must give criticism, so hopefully I can contribute as much as I can. I look forward to interacting with you all!
Hi there -- we look forward to seeing what you've got to offer!
It could be worse
Welcome! Look forward to seeing your poems and critiques.
The secret of poetry is cruelty.--Jon Anderson
welcome to the site.
looking forward to reading your stuff
Welcome! Big Grin A hardworking student you are!
Back!
Hello everyone,

I have been writing poetry for a long time, as a 'release'. I love reading poetry, mostly stuff that relates to everyday (fear, struggles, anger), and I absolutely love poems to do with the natural world.

I am not a huge fan of romantic poetry, just because to me, it doesn't feel like 'real life'...I like to read something I can relate to, and I just cannot relate to romantic poetry.

My poetry was (and still is) dark, but I have found as time has gone on, it has started to be filled with hope.

I experienced a traumatic event many years back, and I found writing poems was my only way of 'voicing' the emotions. But they can be quite...hard to read? so I will put a warning on any that may be difficult for a person to read in view of it's vividness etc.

Poetry was my way of release, escape and healing all rolled into one...and now I am further along in coping with what happened, I would like to share the poems and get critiques into how they were written, if they are any good etc.

I don't mind anyone criticising or appreciating them, but I would be very grateful if no one posts any nasty/hateful comments.

As I have poems dating from around 2006/2007, I was just going to post from the oldest to the newest...and carry on from there.

It will be great reading everyone elses poems, but I probably won't give 'criticism' or tips etc, because I am not experienced to do that. But I will comment on any I have thoroughly enjoyed, and any that really touch me,.

Nice meeting you all

Hobbit/(Invisible Shadows - my blog name)
"We are the music makers
And we are the dreamers of dreams
Wandering by lone sea breakers
And sitting by desolate streams" ~ Arthur O'Shaughnessy

http://invisibleshadows86.blogspot.co.uk/
My journey
hi hobbit welcome to the site.
i see you already left some feedback which is gratifying
you said
Quote:I don't mind anyone criticising or appreciating them, but I would be very grateful if no one posts any nasty/hateful comments.
you'll be okay Wink
Hello people! I forgot to introduce myself here, was a bit overzealous with posting my first ever poem haha! Well I hope you enjoy my stuff! I've just started out so I'll look forward to the feedback and I'll try my best to give good critiques.
heya,schmitler,welcome to the forum
  • the partially blind semi bald eagle
Bastard Elect
Hi there schmitler, great to see you posting AND reading -- don't worry if you're not an "expert", you're a reader and that's the audience we all want Smile
It could be worse
(02-16-2013, 11:46 AM)schmitler Wrote:  Hello people! I forgot to introduce myself here, was a bit overzealous with posting my first ever poem haha! Well I hope you enjoy my stuff! I've just started out so I'll look forward to the feedback and I'll try my best to give good critiques.
hi schmitler

welcome to the site,
feedback is good Smile
hi im marcus, from new zealand. interested to see how this goes.
Hiya, welcome aboard. Feel free to get dirty Smile
It could be worse