Poetry Forum
< my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > - Printable Version

+- Poetry Forum (https://www.pigpenpoetry.com)
+-- Forum: Poetry Forum (https://www.pigpenpoetry.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous Poetry (https://www.pigpenpoetry.com/forum-44.html)
+--- Thread: < my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > (/thread-18089.html)

< my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > - rayheinrich - 12-25-2015

RE: < my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > - ellajam - 12-25-2015

Lovely, fun read. big grin on in another house in another decade. I make a tasty olive oil cornbread without even the milk, you can always brush butter of bacon grease on top of some for those that love it.

Makes me wish I could stop in for a sniff. Big Grin

RE: < my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > - Erthona - 12-26-2015

I wasn't sure what this was, the title on the ticker read "my sister won't eat bac..." As you can see, such could lead on into some very dark places, so I clicked on it and was disappointed to say the least.

I knew a girl named Sherry, didn't care for the taste of her a bit. I did use to like a touch of apricot brandy around the holiday seasons, or if I was feeling adventuresome a little Yukon Jack. Surprising, "Wild Turkey Liqueur" was quite tasty, if a bit cloying. Good for late in the evening, after a heavy meal not expecting any sort of action that night while looking out over the lights of Albuquerque. Ah "Norwegian Wood, isn't it good?"

I use to make everything from scratch, but people's palates are so unrefined these days there really isn't a point.

All in all, very Rowen-esque.

dale

RE: < my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > - rayheinrich - 12-26-2015

(12-26-2015, 12:08 PM)Erthona Wrote:  I wasn't sure what this was, the title on the ticker read "my sister won't eat bac..."  As you can see, such could lead on into some very dark places, so I clicked on it and was disappointed to say the least.

I knew a girl named  Sherry, didn't care for the taste of her a bit. I did use to like a touch of apricot brandy around the holiday seasons, or if I was feeling adventuresome a little Yukon Jack. Surprising, "Wild Turkey Liqueur" was quite tasty, if a bit cloying. Good for late in the evening, after a heavy meal not expecting any sort of action that night while looking out over the lights of Albuquerque. Ah "Norwegian Wood, isn't it good?"

I use to make everything from scratch, but people's palates are so unrefined these days there really isn't a point.

All in all, very Rowen-esque.

dale

It's my other sister you're thinking about; her sexual proclivities are so multitudinous and
so diverse that they overlap and can not, in all honesty, be called proclivities at all.

I'm drinking "Kentucky Gentleman" bourbon and Coke Zero at the moment. While I'd never mix good
bourbon with coke (not even ice or water for that matter), it's not, so I do. I'm expecting some action
tonight, it's called "feeding the cats" (now that DOES sound pretty dark, don't it?).

I have never tried apricot brandy on a vagina before, you are quite the swashbuckler.

I don't care about other people's palates, when I'm cooking it's my palate I'm trying to please.
(Of course, since I truly love "Kentucky Gentleman" [but, in its defense, it's a genuine straight bourbon,
rough but honest, NOT blended crap], I can hardly call my palate discerning.

"Rowen-esque", a magnificent compliment in my book (er, poem). When people go on about
him being incomprehensible, I think: "No, he's not incomprehensible; you're dimly witted."
He has such remarkable insights into about fucking everything; or maybe it's just that I'm
in tune with his  incomprehensibilities.

Ray

RE: < my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > - ellajam - 12-29-2017

That's a fine looking cornbread and a fun read. This is a lovely week, the calm after the storm. Leftovers gone, time to cook a bit again.

RE: < my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > - rayheinrich - 12-29-2017

aw, thanks... and she still doesn't

RE: < my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > - Thunderembargo - 01-03-2018

RE: < my sister won't eat bacon fat on Christmas or any other day > - nibbed - 01-04-2018

it would be cool to have a sister to share Christmases with
this poem is wonderful because I feel like I am standing where you are and watching the scene
it also takes the form of a list that's missing just enough butter
yes, pie crusts can wear you out!
I am wondering if the cornbread tasted okay
I reread it without so many and(s) and the(s) but it took away the personable charm

iron skillets are as good as weightlifting so the speaker must be very strong

cute poem
-nibbed