playing catch up?
does anyone else hate it as much as me Blush i don't hate the poetry side, i hate the work side. something happens or i just get lazy for a day and wham i have four or five poems to do in serious. as well as other posts.
and it's easy saying just stop posting for a while or have a break. if i do that i have even more posts to do when i come back.

so once again, it's back to playing catch up Smile
Nope, don't hate it, it's exciting -- kind of like coming back to a whole new site Big Grin

But it's hard not to feel guilty about missing people out.
It could be worse
You gotta do you.
If you need days to do other things, or weeks, or months, then I think you need to take them. I think in the end it balances; times when you can do more, others may not be able to. Times when you're out, other people come. Keeping up shouldn't be a chore. Expecting to reach everything seems a bit unrealistic. Maybe I'm naive.
Written only for you to consider.
I agree, Geoff. When we're out of action, it gives other people a chance to talk Smile
It could be worse
there is life outside the site but it's inconsequential Hysterical

the family (philippine side) are on holiday for 4 days on 1st of june and i can't wait. but and and it's a genuine but; i do love being here and seeing this place evolving.
evolving?i thought god created it
  • the partially blind semi bald eagle
Bastard Elect
i did Wink
Yes, I do get to feel guilty for not posting, not commenting....doing fuck all, really. But then... it's either enjoyable, or it's nothing. I know me; fits and starts (more fits than starts, in truth.)

Like Billy the Evolutionist, it is good to see how it has developed. I think all the other people's work has been worthwhile - -for me! Smile
well don't feel guilty; the input you and others give (including me) is what makes the place as it is Hysterical
every now and again we get someone who refuses to be scared off and and another string is attached to the cello, and it would be cacophonous should they be all plucked together Big Grin there's a quality about this place that makes it safe. we know people will respond, we just don't know when Wink or who.....

hugs all round and alcohol for the men Blush
I want alcohol too.
It could be worse
you mean more alcohol? Wink
Yes, of course Big Grin
It could be worse
it's like now i'm trying to edit a rather long bad written poem (sea quest) and for some reason i'm struggling really bad. i should have done an edit sooner but i put it off and now i'm trying to catch up on it. maybe i just feel like trashing it, but i believe no poem should be completely trashed, (i may keep a period from it )
(05-28-2012, 02:46 PM)billy Wrote:  maybe i just feel like trashing it, but i believe no poem should be completely trashed
Nothing is beyond redemption... except maybe a very lazy and arrogant poet who believes editing is too much work and not necessary because every poem is raw, honest, a true representation of genius and all the other crap Mummy has said.

That's why workshops are so useful, as opposed to places that simply showcase poetry so people can whore for comments. I'm really proud of how much effort people put into thoughtful comments here, and even more proud of people who use the feedback to improve their writing.
It could be worse
a last resort could be acomplete rewrite. i think that still counts as an edit because, if anything, you are working with a (hopefully) clearer idea of what you want to express. if you finish a rewrite and like the first version better, you can always switch back and use the first.
Written only for you to consider.
thats a good point you smooth talker Big Grin
i'll try it out later :0

yeah leanne, i agree with you and it seems we're steadily picking up like minded people Smile