Trouble in the Philippines
I hope all our Philippine Pig Penners are safe from the unrest in Davao and across the country -- and of course that nobody else has to die for politics, anywhere in the world.  Wouldn't that be lovely?
It could be worse
Stay safe, best you can. Full sigh.
billy wrote:welcome to the site. make it your own, wear it like a well loved slipper and wear it out. ella pleads:please click forum titles for posting guidelines, important threads. New poet? Try Poetic DevicesandWard's Tips

My Filipino friends here won't talk about it at all. Everyone is terrified - a neighbour's word against you, and you're dead. So sad What's wrong with the world?
It won't stop until there are people who aren't just out for themselves and don't care who gets hurt in the process... so, never probably Sad
It could be worse
So sorry to hear about this. Been caught in something similar once - so scary. I will look for ways to help.
the philippines is probably a lot safer than Chicago. ther's been less deaths than there. most of the deaths were people who committed crimes and tried to evade arrest. [not surrender quick enough] the the rest were gang related /drug related killing with some under the guise of vigilantism. what the press say about the deaths in the press is a lot of hogwash. this latest event was because the gov are going after terrorist orgs who are quasi isis. i'm actually going to davao on the 9th for a 5 day break.

as for a neighbours word against you and you're dead..fallacy as stated above. some of the areas the police go to arrest or search are in or through dark or unlit warrens and some of them die, on average two a day. either police or afp. i live here, i see everything that's going on and it really isn't like that. there are killings by the police as anywhere else the police have guns but these shooting are investigated and acted upon. there's a shit load of rhetoric put out by the media and it stinks. the CHR here wants to make a name for itself and is even asking for prosecutorial powers instead of being watchers. where are the commission on human rights when white cops gun down black people in the usa or when australia does what it does to refugees? the people here who cry foul were supporters of aquino who left his presidency under a cloud of shame. WITH MORE DEATHS THAN THIS PRESIDENCY yet they were all stuck up his arse taking hand out left and right, even the doj is/was getting it [dick] off her driver who's a bag man for imprisoned drug lords Hysterical she also went on CNN and stuck a knife in the Philippine people in order to get at duturte it's president. so no, people don't live in fear for their lives unless they carry guns and sell drugs [in general]
that said there is a large amount of poverty
agreed, and this guy who's now in charge is more open than most and more honest than all
think of him as an aboriginal chief who speaks his mind. i've never seen a leader love his country more than this man.

(09-03-2016, 08:41 AM)Leanne Wrote:  It won't stop until there are people who aren't just out for themselves and don't care who gets hurt in the process... so, never probably Sad
He certainly seems like a good guy -- usually the fact that they're being targeted by criminal gangs is a sign they're doing something right.

And of course every country has something to be bloody well ashamed about -- about all we can do is educate ourselves and not be morons controlled by sensationalist media.

Just quite glad to hear you haven't exploded. It's always nicer like that.
It could be worse
Thanks Billy - I wondered what it was like on the inside.
thanks girls. i just read a post from you on facebook leanne about the young kids and how they're sometimes mislabeled by the media...that's what i'm on about here. the bomb was set off by the abu syaf  a terrorist org they have here. the philippines does have a lot to be ashamed of but i think he's genuinely trying to sort that out. the yanks said he was like trump which couldn't be further from the truth. he doesn't do protocol well and swear like a trooper but for me it's part of his charm.
we live pretty far from Davao city, and all my classmates don't come from Davao (afaik), so we're pretty safe, I think.

and on a more liberal note, there is a lot of crappy political shit going on on the thing against Duterte, but it certainly is fishy how many poor folks get shot because of the whole drugs thing, while a lot of the kingpins or the rich labs don't (can't) get touched. the chr should be a watchdog for sure, and De Lima is definitely not the best leader for this sort of thing (Hontiveros, though...), but it is annoying how a lot of people respond by either over-supporting the president (and not our system itself), completely ignoring how there certainly are systematic problems to be resolved (the fact is the numbers are still higher in terms of ratios than last year's -- about 700 killed in the first fifty days alone), or simply spouting idiotic shit about how the chr isn't touching criminals or terrorists, both of whom are completely outside their jurisdiction. and yeah, his plan for Federalism is stupidly dangerous, and his insistence on burying Ferdinand Marcos in the Heroes' Cemetery is complete and utter horseshit. but he does have a lot of good programs for the nation, and it seems like his policies are gonna continue the economic high we've been getting since last year, so I don't actually not-support what he's doing entirely. really, he's a good president, if only a lot of his supporters were more educated, most of the senators were less slimy, and much of the congress....well, were much, much more educated (i'm talking about the buffoonish Congressman Pacquiao).

also, we just got a bomb threat at university last Thursday. er, lol?
go to the bottom of this link. and there are a shit load more links out there that show there were more killings under aquino both police and vigilante in the same time frame, also read the part about the mine owner and his affectation of the inquirer's so called kill list. poor drug dealer's /addicts get shot because they deal drugs and run instead of giving up. rich drug lords often live outside the country. as for marcos, he wants to bury him as a soldier. aquino's dogs buried there for fuck sake.

. everyone in this household holds masters degree's apart from me who just holds my cock, i have a circle of friend that extends into the hundreds that support him and they're proffessors/teachers and and others who have many and varied degrees between most from lasall/atenao and ust, a lot of them teaching there. the man in my room right now is laughing. he has a masters, though it's in business so doesn't count Hysterical the phippines has a high poverty level so many will not as you say "be educated" Pacquiao amongst them but there's enough educated one's out there to know both the last two aquino's along with mar roxas and delima sold the philippines down the fucking river, your transport system shrank to farcical and your roads are a daily traffic jam. mrs aquino was run by the makati business club and so was her son.

after the bomb went off in davao, duturte was there as soon as. maybe if aquino did his fucking job and stopped the drug lords running their businesses from jail there would be less for this guy to do. aquino's crew still owes land to the farmers that they stole from, he was a fucking puppet pussy who bribed the senate. he refused to allow protest and more or less instilled martial law bar the curfew. ps, most of the senate are lawyers apart from the boxer and few actors.

so...in terms of ratio [of which there's no proof because roxas didn't keep fucking records....] the aquino admin killed a lot more day for day. oh, and he also allowed the police to get paid through bribery in lieu of wages.

back to the cemetery while it's called a hero's cemetery it's a soldier's cemetery and any soldier according to many has the right to be buried there unless he was dishoneorably dishcharged. he's also allowed a place as a president. we all know he was a cunt but that's the way the cookie crumbles. none of the aquino's should be buried anywhere. they both ransacked the country through one way or another, she let malacanyang be looted and he allowed two of the biggest scams in the world to happen, pdaf and dap ..there were others but i wont go there. anyway, that's me for now Big Grin xx

(09-03-2016, 06:24 PM)RiverNotch Wrote:  we live pretty far from Davao city, and all my classmates don't come from Davao (afaik), so we're pretty safe, I think.

and on a more liberal note, there is a lot of crappy political shit going on on the thing against Duterte, but it certainly is fishy how many poor folks get shot because of the whole drugs thing, while a lot of the kingpins or the rich labs don't (can't) get touched. the chr should be a watchdog for sure, and De Lima is definitely not the best leader for this sort of thing (Hontiveros, though...), but it is annoying how a lot of people respond by either over-supporting the president (and not our system itself), completely ignoring how there certainly are systematic problems to be resolved (the fact is the numbers are still higher in terms of ratios than last year's -- about 700 killed in the first fifty days alone), or simply spouting idiotic shit about how the chr isn't touching criminals or terrorists, both of whom are completely outside their jurisdiction. and yeah, his plan for Federalism is stupidly dangerous, and his insistence on burying Ferdinand Marcos in the Heroes' Cemetery is complete and utter horseshit. but he does have a lot of good programs for the nation, and it seems like his policies are gonna continue the economic high we've been getting since last year, so I don't actually not-support what he's doing entirely. really, he's a good president, if only a lot of his supporters were more educated, most of the senators were less slimy, and much of the congress....well, were much, much more educated (i'm talking about the buffoonish Congressman Pacquiao).

also, we just got a bomb threat at university last Thursday. er, lol?