I promise to write and post:
the idea is to promise to do x number of poems in a given week.
it's basically an oath thread. we won't hold anyone to the amount they state but who knows maybe it will help drive us to do a few poems. i know i've not wrote any for a while.

so

I promise to write and post 7 poems over the next 7 days, of which only three will be haiku or senryu.
ConfusedSadUndecidedtongueincheek
(10-19-2013, 09:12 AM)billy Wrote:  the idea is to promise to do x number of poems in a given week.
it's basically an oath thread. we won't hold anyone to the amount they state but who knows maybe it will help drive us to do a few poems. i know i've not wrote any for a while.

so

I promise to write and post 7 poems over the next 7 days, of which only three will be haiku or senryu.
ConfusedSadUndecidedtongueincheek

I write pretty much every day but I don't really see the point of posting them if I am not workshopping them. this is a workshop after all, what would be the point of inciting people to drown the forums with poems they had no intention of workshopping?

Unless of course you are interested in mimicking "sevens", a feature on another site where starting on the seventh of each months participants agree to post a poem a day for seven days, but it is not a workshop forum.
i knew there was reason g=for hate Angry

i'll put at least three in workshop and do edits with them in the hope of making them better, (i don't hold out much hope of a perfect poem from me just yet Blush)
the rest will be general rubbish for the for fun and a few attempts at haiku senryu in that respective forum.

i was just trying to put fire in the belly of would be poets Sad
I promise to post f-all. I can do that.
It could be worse
Once NaPM comes along, if milo runs it again, I promise to write each prompt unless they piss me off.
The secret of poetry is cruelty.--Jon Anderson
By "they", do you really just mean "milo"?
It could be worse
I think milo is always implied by that sort of phrasing.
Fair enough.

I promise to make fun of anything Todd, milo or billy write.
It could be worse
How is that different than what you've been doing?
I'm just formalising it.
It could be worse
is that anything like conceptual poetry Huh
conceptional poetry?
It could be worse
(10-19-2013, 06:32 PM)billy Wrote:  is that anything like conceptual poetry Huh
billy are you drinking antifreeze again?

What?

No, it's just Leanne tormenting us like normal.
no, i'm snorting paraffin :J:
That's not paraffin, it's leftover bikini wax. At least you'll look pretty for summer, billy.
It could be worse
thanks guys, now you've all molested my great thread, could one of you shove it up the pig's arse please. BegBegBeg
No, no let me get back on track. Should we promise not to write certain types of poems? Maybe Leanne could do a Sonnet fast? A formalist's colonic if you will. I could promise not to do line breaks, or not use the word "the". What do you think?
I don't do sonnets. Sonnets do me.
It could be worse
So Sonnets need a Leanne colonic?
Maybe they just need to eat more lentils.

Pig's Arse, anyone?
It could be worse