writer's blocked by concepts
I've been working on a collection of poems for the past 4 years and I've reached a point where poems come to me much more slowly than they did when I first started the collection. Before I remember writing 2-3 poems every month, but now I'm lucky if I write 1 in a month.

I feel like a big contributor to this writer's block is that since I am now around half way into the collection, I kinda have this flow of ideas mapped out and it is something I am trying to follow, religiously. So, recently I've only been looking for images that fit these ideas, instead of finding the idea in an image. is this a constructive way to go about writing poetry?

Some might say that I should forget about the collection and just write, but I am simply stubborn about it to the point that I will not write a poem unless it'll go into the collection. How should I reflect honestly on this mindset? What do you guys think about centering everything you write around a highly conceptual collection and how is this ever done? Is this the right way to go about it? Do high-concept collections just happen, or are they sometimes planned like how I'm doing?

Messages In This Thread
writer's blocked by concepts - by Velasco - 10-06-2021, 12:16 PM
RE: writer's blocked by concepts - by rowens - 10-06-2021, 12:39 PM
RE: writer's blocked by concepts - by busker - 10-06-2021, 04:51 PM
RE: writer's blocked by concepts - by CRNDLSM - 10-06-2021, 08:26 PM
RE: writer's blocked by concepts - by Velasco - 10-06-2021, 10:07 PM
RE: writer's blocked by concepts - by busker - 10-07-2021, 06:57 AM
RE: writer's blocked by concepts - by rowens - 10-08-2021, 02:18 AM