When did you consider poetry?
(09-18-2021, 09:18 AM)CRNDLSM Wrote:  Have you always read it?
Was it an accident?
Did you pick it up in school?
From a significant other?

I've always listened to music and never considered it poetry.  I've read poems in classes and never considered them musical.  A girl once told me my life was a poem, I was a lost boy, and after 10 years of writing music I found this poetry website, had all my stuff picked apart and found a new love for form poetry.  

When did you snap?  Was it a flurry?  A puzzle? An exercise?  Ive met people who like writing reading and reciting poems but I still don't understand it.
I started reading and writing poetry in grade school, however as soon as I got out of highschool, I stopped. I would occasionally listen to slam poetry after that but didn't write anything that I can recall, so from eighteen to twenty-six I basically didn't read or write hardly any poetry. I took a stroll in the park and met thunderembargo for the first time and we had a conversation involving poets and our favorite pieces. It was after that, that I started writing poetry again, as a means to communicate with him and generally express how I was feeling about situations that were occurring in my life. I kept a lot of things to myself. I only started sharing things with other people because he prompted me to and I'm glad that he did. It's a nice experience getting my writing critiqued.

Messages In This Thread
When did you consider poetry? - by CRNDLSM - 09-18-2021, 09:18 AM
RE: When did you consider poetry? - by busker - 09-18-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: When did you consider poetry? - by CRNDLSM - 09-18-2021, 02:19 PM
RE: When did you consider poetry? - by RiverNotch - 09-21-2021, 03:03 PM
RE: When did you consider poetry? - by ISawASpaceship - 09-21-2021, 07:58 PM