U.S. warms to strike on Iran
“With sufficient foreign assistance, Iran could probably develop and test an intercontinental ballistic missile [ICBM] capable of reaching the United States by 2015,” claimed a Pentagon report that was declassified on Monday. The almost simultaneous timing of two key recent revelations – this and Israeli accusations that Syria had transferred Scud missiles to Hezbollah in Lebanon – has contributed to a fresh escalation of tensions in the Middle East and to speculation that the stage is being set for a military show-down.

The war of words has become particularly harsh, and threats are now being exchanged openly between the United States and Iran: the first salvo since President Barack Obama’s inauguration, and a troubling development. “We are not taking any options off the table as we pursue the pressure and engagement tracks,” the Pentagon’s press secretary, Geoff Morrell, said this week. “The president always has at his disposal a full array of options, including use of the military … It is clearly not our preferred course of action but it has never been, nor is it now, off the table.”

Days ago it was revealed that the US military was actively preparing for war against Iran. “The Pentagon and US Central Command are updating military plans to strike Iran’s nuclear sites, preparing up-to-date options for the president in the event he decides to take such action,” CNN reported on Monday.

Read entire article
http://www.infowars.com/u-s-warms-to-strike-on-iran/
i say go for it and hope the good people of iran stay safe.

to be honest i'm sick of hearing admadinajad (sp) ranting on about everyone in the west. if possible try and get him first. then get his puppet masters.

i don't think a long term war is needed, just some concerted aerial bombing.
(04-24-2010, 07:37 AM)billy Wrote:  i don't think a long term war is needed, just some concerted aerial bombing.

If anyone's going to invade Iran they should do so properly, with an exit plan. Look at the c*ck-up they made of Iraq. Won the war in something like 5 days but still in the country more than 5 years on.
(04-24-2010, 07:44 AM)SidewaysDan Wrote:  
(04-24-2010, 07:37 AM)billy Wrote:  i don't think a long term war is needed, just some concerted aerial bombing.
If anyone's going to invade Iran they should do so properly, with an exit plan. Look at the c*ck-up they made of Iraq. Won the war in something like 5 days but still in the country more than 5 years on.

i think a good air raid every now and then but big ones.
it would give the airforce a workout without the need for ground troops etc,maybe a few black ops to or drones to take out the mullahs.
what a bunch of warmongers you guys are,ahmedinadjad is a nutcase ranter,rant on i;d say,doesn't hurt,about icbm's,doesn't come from a very reliable source,does it?and anyway what they gonna do,fire one and then get obliterated?not very likely.
these people will sort out their own problems in due time without the ranting coming out of the west which only helps to delay changes from within
  • the partially blind semi bald eagle
Bastard Elect
(04-24-2010, 05:13 AM)velvetfog Wrote:  The full article is here: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/LD23Ak02.html

Iran has been on a collision course with the west since the Islamic revolution in 1979.
One of these days, there will be a war there.
In view of Iran's atomic development program, it would be preferable to have the war before they completed their first nuke, rather than wait until later.
Israel, Europe and USA will all breathe a sigh of relief once the Iranian mullahs and their secret police have been removed from power and neutralized. Iran also needs a new constitution, similar to the Japanese one.

CNN needs the ratings. Smile

Your particapation by way of your post is great thanks VF but the link you offered is already used as source in my own. Whats your point?
(04-24-2010, 11:16 AM)srijantje Wrote:  what a bunch of warmongers you guys are,ahmedinadjad is a nutcase ranter,rant on i;d say,doesn't hurt,about icbm's,doesn't come from a very reliable source,does it?and anyway what they gonna do,fire one and then get obliterated?not very likely.
these people will sort out their own problems in due time without the ranting coming out of the west which only helps to delay changes from within
i'd just hate to see an all out war over there, it's why i'm pro nasty air-strike.
wipe the smug smile of the shithouse's face. and like i say; black ops teams to take out the nasty mullahs. (leave the good ones who advocate some kind of fairish democracy.
and by which standards WE decide which mullahs are nasty?let these people decide for themselves.that country is no thread to anyone,or maybe they have huge oil reserves?
Bastard Elect
actually we know which ones (the mullahs) are themselves warmongering, they'd be the first ones id take out.

and i'm not trying to wind you sj, i'm sick of all the shit they spout about us hating them. for a while back there i was really proud of some of the iranian public. sadly the nasty mullahs swamped them away.
(04-24-2010, 01:53 PM)velvetfog Wrote:  But you can't bomb the mullahs out of power. They live and work among the civilian population.
The collateral damage could turn a large segment of the young, repressed, pro west population against the west.

then use the black op squads and do the job with stealth.
or adversly put a million dollars and a usa passort up for any iranian who kills one of the top twenty nasty bastards.
the keywords here are,they live and work amongst the civilian population,so it wouldn't be too difficult for somebody they work amongst to take them out if required.i can't believe hearing this,these guys are nasty alright but a lot less dangerous then....fill in .
Bastard Elect
i agree but if you got the top 20/30
you'd see the others begin to change what they believe in.

look at the meeting they have where all the party are together. BAM and no more mad mullahs
Iran shows off ‘high destruction’ speed boats in war games

Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards launched a new “ultra-fast” boat capable of causing severe destruction after testing it during a three-day military drill.

Ali Reza Tangsiri, spokesman for the exercise. “Since the boat has high speed, it is less detectable by radar.”

Ali Shirazi, a senior aide to supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, described the naval exercises as a specific response to Washington’s “nuclear threats.”

He said: “The most important message from the exercises in the face of American nuclear threats is that we will strongly resist them.”

The new vessel was tested in the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow, strategically important waterway between the Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. Nearly 40 percent of world’s seaborne oil shipments pass through this waterway.
source below.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...games.html
yeah,i guess these canoes are a real thread to world peace and worth a nuclear response
Bastard Elect
Pentagon chief raises threat of attack as Iran taunts US with missile display

The Pentagon was ratcheting up pressure for military action against Iran last night as America’s top uniformed official said for the first time that a strike on nuclear targets would “go a long way” towards delaying Tehran’s uranium enrichment programme.
[youtube]FNe6kBa1h8E&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

The remarks by Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, were his strongest yet in support of a strategy that both the Pentagon and the Obama Administration still regard as a last resort and possibly a recipe for a regional war.

They came as President Ahmadinejad taunted the US with a potent display of missile technology, while a leaked top-secret memo by Robert Gates, the US Defence Secretary, forced the White House to insist that it was preparing for all contingencies.
Source below.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/wo...101161.ece
i know but it's all changed now. many i'd say more than half want world peace Tongue

the nasty mullahs only got in because of twenty or so that manipulate the country to their own ends. cut the head off (a rather large one i know) and hopefully a new country will rise from the ashes.

the main problem i think would be the police. i think they'd have to be sorted out as well which wouldn't be as easy.
(04-24-2010, 02:47 PM)Benny2guns Wrote:  Iran shows off ‘high destruction’ speed boats in war games

Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards launched a new “ultra-fast” boat capable of causing severe destruction after testing it during a three-day military drill.

Ali Reza Tangsiri, spokesman for the exercise. “Since the boat has high speed, it is less detectable by radar.”

Ali Shirazi, a senior aide to supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, described the naval exercises as a specific response to Washington’s “nuclear threats.”

He said: “The most important message from the exercises in the face of American nuclear threats is that we will strongly resist them.”

The new vessel was tested in the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow, strategically important waterway between the Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. Nearly 40 percent of world’s seaborne oil shipments pass through this waterway.
source below.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...games.html
they'll be available for public leisure after the bombing raids.

while some civilians may die, that isn't something that has put off the drones before now.
(04-24-2010, 03:59 PM)billy Wrote:  i know but it's all changed now. many i'd say more than half want world peace Tongue

the nasty mullahs only got in because of twenty or so that manipulate the country to their own ends. cut the head off (a rather large one i know) and hopefully a new country will rise from the ashes.

the main problem i think would be the police. i think they'd have to be sorted out as well which wouldn't be as easy.

From the wiki article Benny provided we are told "In January 2006, an IRGC Falcon crashed near Oroumieh. All fifteen passengers died, including twelve senior IRGC commanders.Among the dead was General Ahmad Kazemi, the IRGC ground forces commander."

That did not stop the Army.When thinking in the same lines "If you kill Ayatollahs, more will be back". In my opinion, you would need to re-educate the country (much like in West Germany).

But do the Iranians even want to be re-educated? Things might change when given sufficient time and the West is always sticking its nose in the pot and ruining the soup even more...
i agree,Dan,leave them up to their own devices
Bastard Elect
(04-24-2010, 07:53 PM)SidewaysDan Wrote:  
(04-24-2010, 03:59 PM)billy Wrote:  i know but it's all changed now. many i'd say more than half want world peace Tongue

From the wiki article Benny provided we are told "In January 2006, an IRGC Falcon crashed near Oroumieh. All fifteen passengers died, including twelve senior IRGC commanders.Among the dead was General Ahmad Kazemi, the IRGC ground forces commander."

That did not stop the Army.When thinking in the same lines "If you kill Ayatollahs, more will be back". In my opinion, you would need to re-educate the country (much like in West Germany).

But do the Iranians even want to be re-educated? Things might change when given sufficient time and the West is always sticking its nose in the pot and ruining the soup even more...
an irgc commander is not Khomeini. if he went the opposition would have a chance at taking control. at present everyone is shit scared of him. take out another 19 of his ilk and and the opposition would race into power.

it's a religion controlled state. once the good mullahs are in power the police wouldn't dare go against them. the trouble with the police is that if all the bad mullahs arent topped at the same time they'll protect the others to the death.